- We recommend that all Tattoos are covered initially with a Tegaderm clear plastic film product such as Sani Derm. Depending on your Tattoo and the amount of work done your artist will instruct you on how long to wear your Tegaderm, however, some tattoos will require a second application. After removing the clear plastic film you should use a lotion based Aftercare product such as AfterInked or a Shea/Coconut based product such as Hustle Butter. A thin layer of either of these should be applied 3-5 times per day until your new Tattoo is fully healed.
- NO petroleum based products!! Products like A+D Ointment and Aquaphore are great for overall skin care but can over moisturize, cause pimples and draw out ink. These products used to be recommended often but we tend to shy away from them now.
- Showers are recommended during the healing process, however submerging your new Tattoo can damage the final outcome.
- No swimming in ANY body of water is allowed until your new Tattoo is fully healed
- NO Sunbathing or Tanning until your Tattoo is fully healed. After your new Tattoo is healed we recommend a Sunscreen of SPF 50 at ALL times while in the sun.
- We recommend cleaning your new Piercing with a combination of Dr. Bronner’s Pure Castile Soap and a Sea Salt/Saline Rinse such as H2Ocean Aftercare Spray.
- Dilute the Dr Bronner’s Soap and gently clean your Piercing with a Q-Tip. Be sure to use clean hands and rinse thoroughly when finished.
- Spray your piercing with H2Ocean in between soap cleanings to maintain the overall health of your piercing. A sea salt compress can be used in place of the H2Ocean.
- Do not use Alcohol or Hydrogen Peroxide on your piercing unless instructed to by your piercer!!
- Band Aid brand Antiseptic can be used for minor problems that arise after the healing process has been completed
- No swimming in pools or lakes for at least 2 weeks after receiving a new Piercing. If you find yourself at the ocean, jump right in the salt water is excellent for piercings.